Thursday, October 8, 2009

Frustration


I realized this week that I haven't written in a while and I wondered why. It's not because of lack of things to write about. If anything, this week has been more "exciting" then any of the others. Then I realized it's because I'm not "allowed" to talk about anything I've experienced in the last week.

I'm just getting so sick and tired of having to stay silent and having to lie. I have to walk around all of the time, lying about who I am and why I'm here because of safety issues. Then I can't talk about what I see or go through with my family and friends, because it's against the law and I could get kicked out of the country (or worse, cause serious harm to my co-workers). I have to be cautious about what I write in e-mails or facebook or what I say on Skype because the government reads and listens. I have so much to say and write about! There are infuriating things that happened to me this week, but I'm not allowed to say anything!! I even have to lie to the cab driver about why I live where I live instead of in West Jerusalem because I don't want to bring any unwanted attention!! UGH!!! I'm so sick of this!!

1 comment:

  1. Please be patient with your host country and share what you are able to share. We have enjoyed the pictures your sending through. We will pray for patience and understanding of your host country at this time. Christ has chosen you to be a small light in the world over there but other factions would like you to be so frustrated that all that will be seen is a frustrated American without understanding. Safety is important for you an your co-workers. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

    Love,
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete